For our second full day in the Lauterbrunnen Valley, we rented mountain bikes and toured a view towns via mountain bike trails. I was glad to be on a bike since the tram and train lines have been hectic and crowded. The trails were fun and very scenic. We didn't realize that Julie had never been on a mountain bike before and I don't know if she ever will again.
We started off in Lauterbrunnen and then took the tram up to Grutschalp. We then biked to Murren, which was a lot of up hill. We had a very scenic lunch while we were there. We then rode over to Gimmelwald, which has a population of 120. We stopped for a beer. After that, we rode through Stechelberg and stopped by the Trummelbach Falls. It is one of the only places you can view a waterfall from inside the mountain. It was very cool.
It was another great day. We ended it with a fondue dinner at Hotel Oberland...but I didn't take the camera with me.
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment