Sunday, March 28, 2010

Backcountry Trip to Francie's Cabin

This weekend we did our first backcountry hut trip. It was really fun to be away from the busy resorts and meet new people (the cabin was full at the max occupancy of 20). We went to Francie's Cabin, which is just outside of Breckenridge. The hike in is only two miles, but really steep. With the short distance, we were able to carry in luxury items such as wine, lots of food, camp slippers, etc. The toilets were indoors and it had a really nice sauna. I think I was a little spoiled! Before heading out on Saturday, I did some snowshoeing down in the valley with Dave and Lara. Chris and Josh skinned up and took some turns. While we were doing that, Brian climbed the ridge of the mountain on the other side. I am in need of new ski boots and after this weekend we decided I am going to get AT boots so I can ski in the backcountry as well.

No comments: